Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Decorations!

Didn't you know there was such a thing as that? Happy Decorations? Well, neither did I until I was huggin and kissin Wy last night to put him down to bed. The first thing he said, very matter-of-factly, after he gave me a big smack on the lips was, 'Happy Mother's Day, Mom.' Then he said, 'Happy Decorations too!' Okay, sounds good, so I told him thank you and that I really appreciated it. (He gets on me for not tellin him thank you after he's said how pretty my flowers, plants, weeds, or grass is).

This afternoon, not ten minutes ago after our hugs and kisses, he said to me, 'Happy Birthday, mom. Thank you for my birthday party, mom. And thank you for my birthday cake.' His birthday was 6 1/2 months ago!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hmmmm...okay, well, you're very welcome, baby! I'm glad you liked it so much that half a year later you remember it! That means dad and mom did pretty good, I'd like to think!

On Mother's Day mornin, E tried to encourage Wyatt to tell me 'Happy Mother's Day'. He never did. All day long, at random times, E would just up and say, 'Happy Mother's Day' to me and coax Wy to say it too. He still never did. Until later that night, as E was holdin him so I could give Wy hugs and kisses, they almost got around the corner and Wy blurted out, 'Wait, Daddy! I wanna tell her!' They came back around the corner and with the cutest, most precious face and big puppy dog eyes, Wy looked at me and said, 'Happy Mother's Day, mom.' Yup, I teared up. It was too special to hear that from our 2 1/2 year old who we weren't sure we could ever stay pregnant with and be able to welcome into our love.

It was too special for words.

My heart felt every last word he said.

I just have to put these pictures on here. I swear he was the chunkiest baby. We couldn't ever find his neck until he turned about one year old.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

rodeo duds

Ham

2 comments:

  1. Could he BE any cuter!? That story of him saying happy mother's day is too precious. Cool cake, did you do that yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics are all SO ADORABLE!!! I love the ones of JD hugging his bro =) You have some very cute little guys!

    ReplyDelete