Friday, August 21, 2009

Silly Kids

The kids have figured out that crayons melt when left on the deck in the sun:

Photobucket

One day last week, during Easton's nap, we had a storm brewin. There was thunder, and then there was screamin. Since Wyatt wouldn't go down either, we made a lazy afternoon of it. We watched a movie.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have too many toys. Toys are everywhere! We have them in the toy room downstairs, the living room downstairs, the living room upstairs, and the boys' room. We go to sleep with toys in our bed. Please, don't get me wrong. These toys aren't scattered all over hell's half acre all of the time. Just during the day. The kids pick them up just before lunch and then again before naps. I thought it would be a good idea to keep all the toys on one floor-a central location. The toy room sounded like a great place, right? After all, that's what we use it for and named it for. If the kids bring the toys upstairs or outside, that's fine, but at least it's 15 toys compared to 35. Here's what the upstairs pine cabinet used to look like:

Photobucket

Throughout last week, more and more toys ended up in this cabinet until the kids couldn't get the doors shut. This was a catastrophe. You couldn't walk through the living room, dining room or kitchen without kickin toys outta the way to clear a path.

Photobucket

Somtething needed to be done-fast! We hauled them all downstairs to the toy room and the cabinet now looks like this:

Photobucket

Beautiful-to a mother's eyes. I actually felt a calm soothing feelin float over me as I looked at it for the first time.

Now the toy room looks like this, and it's even organized, belive it or not. Well, it was at the time I shot the picture.

East wall:

Photobucket

South wall:

Photobucket

West wall:

Photobucket

Peace. Serenity. Satisfaction. No falls. No sprained ankles. Nothin muttered violently under my breath. No, I don't do that! Are you kiddin? I'm that 50's mom that wears a floral pleated skirt, button-up shirt and heels all day. I wash the kids off before Daddy comes home and touch up my makeup. Supper is always on the table at 6 p.m. sharp and the kids are always bathed and in bed at 7:30.

Ha ha ha. Okay, I feel better about myself. Kinda. Sorta.

No comments:

Post a Comment