Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bloody Mary'd Buster

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yesterday, as usual, we were outside all day. We had planned to grill ribeyes with my aunt and uncle when they got back from lookin/buyin a new truck up towards Manhattan. My aunt was in rare form and was wanting bloody mary's. She rarely drinks but last night was the exception. So, her and I ran to the store to get the necesary items and mixed up some real nice tasting b.m's. We didn't realize that the mix we bought had enough tabasco already in it before we made them. Her tongue was on fire and my upper lip was an inferno. But dang! It was good! I didn't think it was too hot but I did want a cracker about ten minutes into the drink! JD woke up and when I went to get him Buster and Dixie were running manically around the yard, through the chairs, around the fire pit and knocked over my drink. Buster, being the lush that he is, started lapping it up. When he was done he had mud, grass and drool hanging from his mouth. Here's the picture detail in chronological order:
This is about 5 minutes after he drank the bloody mary. He looks like he's in the stage where he's relaxed and enjoyin life.
Photobucket
Then it looks as if he's gettin a little sleepy and decides to rest his weary head. Or maybe he has the spins.
Photobucket
Personally, I think he had the head spins. He didn't care where he was, he was goin to fall asleep!
Photobucket
He must have felt really tired and uncomfortable because the blanket looked better than the rock felt.
Photobucket
And wouldn't you know! Dixie came over, all giddy and playful.
Photobucket
He couldn't resist her! He got up slowly and boxed her with a right paw then tried to pin her with a left.
Photobucket
'Now that's it! No more! I'm tired!'
Photobucket
Dixie apparently didn't understand.
Photobucket
So he took off after her full bore and the fight was on!
Photobucket
So much for a good Saturday afternoon nap!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment