Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hen? Meet the Choppin Block

Ruffled feathers was the theme of yesterday, thanks to our oldest son. I have two extra kids in the house! I am watchin my neice and nephew this week and next and Wyatt has been thrilled to death! It's been a good learning time for him. Currently we're workin on not gettin upset when things don't go his way. I am teachin and repeatedly reminding him that he doesn't have to yell, cry, stomp his feet, or hit an object that's close to him when he's frustrated. I'm tryin to drill into his ever-expanding and maturing brain that when he's upset at something his first reaction needs to be to call for me and ask for help.
Over the past couple days he's had many a meltdown. Yesterday, I believe we went every hour with at least 1-2 tense situations. Everybody went down for naps in shifts, according to their pick up times. Wyatt, during his supposed nap, stacked up all his pillows. I opened the door and he was climbing up the moutain. JD had never fallen asleep and was peekin his head over the bumpers and giggling like crazy at Wyatt. After a firm talk and letting Wyatt know what his consequences would be if he didn't lay down and leave the window and pillows alone and fall asleep he was not happy. He started cryin loudly (read:so loud his voice curdled) and that just fueled JD's fire and he started cryin. They were both in bed for two hours and slept only 20 min. They intermittently played, laughed, fussed, cried and screamed. During this whole time Addyson and I went outside for a little bit, then the baby started cryin, then the boys upped the volume in their protesting of a nap, and then my sis-in-law picked up the cousins. Not long after that my boys finally calmed down and went back to giggling, the baby was picked up, hubby and I went out to the garage to relax and chat and we weren't there 10 min. before the boys started cryin again. Thank God I had a meal in the crock pot cuz we would've starved last night.
Talk about a gammit of emotions bein run yesterday. I felt like I had been hammered with a rubber mallet the whole day! By the end of the day I was spent! Every feather had been ruffled but everything worked out and all in all it wasn't a bad day. I know this learnin time is really good for Wyatt. I'm just not sure how long I can last!
These are the many faces of Jd that mirrored my emotions yesterday:

This was my mornin time with a cup of coffee and the radio:
Photobucket
This was mid-morning when it started to get a little crazy:
Photobucket
Half way thru the day:
Photobucket
This was when I thought my boys were down for a good 2 hour nap:
Photobucket
Realizing that my boys weren't goin down:
Photobucket
Seein my hubby come home:
Photobucket
Spendin time with my hubby:
Photobucket
Hearin the boys wake up after 20 min. max of no cryin, whinin, fussin or screamin:
Photobucket
Headin to bed wonderin how I made it thru the day so well since I felt like a chicken runnin around with my head chopped off:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. motherhood is totally awesome. Hey, how did you get your back ground? did you have to pay for it? you know me, i'm totally idiot struck when it comes to computers.

    ReplyDelete