Thursday, May 28, 2009

Frazzled and Brain Dead

For some mysteriously non-humorous reason my only 3 days of watchin kids this week has been an incredibly over-whelming, patience-rendering and mind-numbing time.

There have been numerous tantrums from an almost 6 month old, fights between the two 2 year olds and the 4 year old, a plethera of injuries (body and soul), a handful of toys broken, and frequent disregard for the guidelines I have set for the kids for various circumstances that would put them in potentially dangerous or at least precarious, situations.

I am, quite literally at this point, not dreading the flights tomorrow. I'm numb. I feel that no matter what happens tomorrow it could not be much worse than 5 kids, 3 days, and back-to-back tantrums, arguments and injuries. Today I decided that I wouldn't even bother to sweep the floor. The amount of grass and dirt on the wood floor right now could fill a small arena. I had to leave a screamin baby, clingy/fussy 1 year old, and an injured 2 yr old twice during lunch prep because with all that was goin on I forgot to grab the bread out of the freezer in the basement, and while I was down there I forgot the cocoa (for chocolate milk).

Even the worst days of watchin kids has not quite paralled the chaos and frustration of the last three days. I put the three older kids down for an early nap so they could spend the rest of the afternoon in the pool while the two babies were takin their naps. None of them napped hardly an hour but at least they were resting. This week has definitely tested my patience and I'm glad I can say that I never lost it. I'm not admittin that I didn't cover my face with my hands and mutter a couple of choice expletives in regard to how I was feelin, but at least I didn't say them audibly and I showed no frustration towards the kids.

Tomorrow mornin I'm prayin that the stress of this week will have been relieved and I can concentrate on gettin me and my boys safely and insanely to PA. All this may seem trivial and even fickle to some of you but I don't have time to go into more details about my day. This was only scratchin the very this surface of what all has gone on. My head is spinnin, my nerves are raw, I'm feelin the need for somethin stronger than a Dr. Pepper, and I need sleep for tomorrow. All I can remember are the ignorant and discourteous stares and expressions I received when Wyatt was so tired on our flights that I could not calm him down when we flew out to PA for my three sister's weddings. It was all I could do not to....well, I did break down and cry.....

I'll be back after June 6th with lots of pictures for you family members and friends!

Peace out,

The Frazzled One

P.S. Even if I did proof-read this I have a feelin that I wouldn't catch any typos because I'm just as frazzled and brain dead now as when I started it a long time ago so just bear with it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, take it easy and hang in there! You need a spa day or something!!! :)

    ReplyDelete