Tuesday, June 9, 2009

SE PA Trip

Family is very important to me. My sisters and I, even though separated by 1,000+ miles have very strong and formidable relationships. It was so good to be with them. The boys and I stayed with my sister Chelsea and her husband Dan. Chelsea and I had coffee each mornin on their back porch and we spent time with them in the evenings. During the day, the boys and I packed up and went to either of my other sister's houses to spend time with them. Brenna and I took the kids down to Montgomeryville and shopped for our sister Tegan, who had delivered her baby just two days before the boys and I arrived.

Saturday, the first full day of bein there, we all (cept Teg, Noah, Gracie, and Grandpa) congregated at Chels and Dan's house to chow down on good ole cocoa and biscuits. A family tradition for at least 4 generations. When Brenna walked in the door I almost lost it. I didn't think the emotion would erupt so strong and powerful. It took everything I had not to crumble into a blubbering heap of tears. It was so good to see her, Andrew, and for the first time, baby Devon.

Later that day, we all packed up and met Grandpa over at Tegan and Noah's house for pizza. Tegan's blood pressure was still high so she was instructed to lay low for the first couple of days at home. A home-nurse came in Saturday and Sunday to check on her blood pressure. By Sunday, it was much better, so we all met at the lake, along with our good friends the Weigner's. We kayaked, canoed, fished, and grilled. Mark and Karen have been our 'big brother and big sister' for oh, let's see, at least 15 years. They have 4 beautiful wonderful girls.

I'm just gonna post pictures now, since most are pretty explicable about our first two days.


JD hangin out with Uncle Dan. It was amazing Jd stayed there. Of course I had to stay out of sight and earshot in order for Jd not to fuss. He's got the apron strings tied way to tight!
Photobucket

Grandpa and baby Gracie:
Photobucket

JD knew what to do with extra pizza! Give it to Stella, Aunt Teg's dog!
Photobucket

Lake Nockamixon:
Photobucket

Aunt Chels helpin Wy fish with Uncle Dan supervising:
Photobucket

Wyatt, Narae, and Adah wadin:
Photobucket

Uncle Mark pitchin to Wy and the girls playin field:
Photobucket


Uncle Andrew caught fish everytime Wyatt called him on the cell:
Photobucket

Photobucket
JD inspecting Uncle Andrew's fish:
Photobucket

And yes, he tried to bite the fish.
Photobucket

All of the Uncle's (Andrew, Noah and Dan) and Grandpa fishin:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment