Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Take Me Home Country Roads...

Let me just say, first and foremost.... the boys and I had a GREAT time with my sisters, the new babies, and the whole family out there. We spent a lot of time with my sisters which means more than everything to me. Two of my sisters were on maternity leave with these little munchkins:

Baby Devon:
Photobucket

Baby Gracie:
Photobucket

And now let me say this: I. LOVE. MY. HOME. I use the term 'home' as an all-encompassing adjective to describe, well, basically, my whole life.

Home in this context means my husband, washer/dryer, coffee the way I like it, a bathtub as big as a small trough, my truck with big windows and not a 5 speed compact car with a peepin hole for a back window, lakes with hardly any trees, country-actual wide open land for miles and miles, land with no trees and no houses and developments, roads that are straight as an arrow, the speed limit being the maximum speed limit-not slowest speed allowed, a yard that can entertain a multitude of family and friends and dogs, and the pace of life that creates a calm and relaxing environment. The list goes on and on in my head.

Sunday, the first full day of bein back home was a perfect end to our trip to Pa and a perfect beginning of bein back home. We spent the whole day outside with Uncle Mike and Aunt Dee. My cousin Aj and his girlfriend Jordan came over for the afternoon and we played bocci ball. E fired up the smoker and he smoked two racks of ribs that fell off the bone. They were delicious. We had sweet corn on the cob and a whole pan of fried new taters, onions and bacon. It was good to be back home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys were so happy to play in the yard. Wyatt ran races and Jd crawled everywhere.

Then they decided it was hot enough to get in the dog's water.
Photobucket

Photobucket

There really was no point in keepin wet clothes on the boy:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment