Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Sun Dance Doesn't Work

Last night we did what all normal people do-'cept those who are a coupla cards short of a full deck: We grilled during impending rainstorms.

My aunt, uncle, cousin AJ, and his girlfriend Jordan were all here. We tried the Sun Dance last night to ward off the rain. It didn't help so much, but at least it was only sprinkles instead of a downpour. I swear there's somethin goin on. Kansas is in some kinda global warming atmospherical phenomenon that keeps dumpin rain in our area. Other places around the world have them and they're called Monsoons, or rainy seasons. I lived in PNG and we had rainy seasons. Never thought I'd see a rainy season in Kansas, of all places.

We had to come up with somethin to save the fire. I had an idea of usin our extra umbrella and the grill-master, for some crazy reason, was complainin because he wouldn't be able to stand under the umbrella. Hey! We don't care if YOU get wet! All we care about is the fire and the chicken you're grillin for us! Now get to work!

Photobucket

Grill he did! That chicken was the best-tastin BBQ'd chicken I know I've ever had! I'm not exaggerating or tryin to make E feel good (although I do like to do that-not exaggerate, but make him feel good). It was GOOD! The chicken had a smoke flavor to it like none other! I guess the rain did us a small favor anyway. We had a good spread of chicken, my roasted/seasoned potatoe cubes and steamed corn. While I was startin the fire, Hoss kept escaping down the driveway. I was out of breath from haulin him back up the drive so many times. We ended up tyin him off to the bumper of the truck so he wouldn't get away. It didn't damper his spirits. He was still just happy to keep tryin.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I miss you guys! I was going to call you on Friday to see if you wanted to hang (that was plan all week anyways) but I threw up all day Thursday. I'm so sick of this...It's literally a minute by minute deal...

    Kudos to you guys for grillin' out...we did too!'cept J just runs in and out the door real fast to the grill :). oh yeah...i got a new rod yesterday...the Ugly Stick! It's cool. Although I don't know if I like the reel. It's a push button. I've never used one and I'm trying to get used to it. I think I like the manual one better. I may switch the reel. what kind do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I definitely like the open reels much better too! I have a Shakespeare Mantis rod and Shakespeare open reel. It's so old I don't even remember the style!! But it works great!
    I'm free all week. The only thing is I might be watchin my neice and nephew but I don't know when. As soon as I hear from my sis-in-law I'll let you know! I have until May 20th before I watch the baby again. We'll definitely get together!

    ReplyDelete