Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Trouble in Twos

Man, this kid...I'm talkin bout the boss kid. He's one of the best things that's ever happened to us, obviously, but blast it! He's so stinkin ornery! Yesterday, when the boys were s'posed to be nappin I heard a bunch of bangin: on the wall, the window, and then on the crib. I waited, and waited, and waited. The bangin on the crib kept comin every couple minutes. I'd hear Hoss laugh and giggle. Finally, it came to me. Wyatt had climbed in the crib. So, I thought, if he got in there, then he can just fall asleep in there. Problem was, they weren't wantin to go to sleep and were pretty fussy. When I didn't go in to get them they started cryin. Loud. Then I heard them both start cryin my name. 'Mama! Mama!' I knew they weren't gonna go down. When I walked in, I also knew to bring my camera and here's what I found:
Photobucket
It's plain to see they were feedin off each other. They've been doin that a lot lately. Like brothers will do. I know more is comin. JD seems to think he can't fall asleep if Wyatt isn't in bed either. It works out alright because Wy never falls asleep for his nap as fast as JD and Wy's been gettin up earlier than usual, unlike JD who's been sleepin in later than usual.
Here's some more orneriness from the boss:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
He sure beats all, I tell ya. The imagination this kid has is huge. He loves to play finger puppets while I'm nursin Hoss before their afternoon nap. My mom brought out a set of Goldilocks and the 3 Bears the last time she was here. We always play Dora, Diego and Boots though. At first, he kept wantin to be Dora. I told him he should be Diego because of the gender factor. He didn't so much like that. So, I initiated the game the next time and said, 'Diego! Diego! Where are you? It's me Dora!' Without missin a beat, he sticks up his index finger and says, 'Hi, Dora! It's me! Boots!' I wasn't expectin that at all! He was fast!
Today, as I was nursin JD before nap, Wy asked me if I wanted ice cream. Then cookies. For the cookies, he had to reach up and get them out of the cabinet and he said he couldn't. So I told him (all pretend, mind you) that there was a ladder right beside me and he could set it up and get the cookies. He told me that the ladder was too big. Okay.....come on mom....think! I told him I had put a step stool in the corner and that would work. He told me it wouldn't. Then he got the 'ladder' and said he wanted a BLUE ladder. I don't know where he comes up with these things!
Today, the boys were giggling more than usual and I walked in to find Wyatt in the crib again. When I reached to get him out he just gave me that ornerier than the dickens look with a huge grin that twinkled his eyes like stars.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog!!! Your boys make me laugh. I love that Wy gets in the crib with his baby brother. That is to sweet =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was posted by Amber Myers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! Here's one for ya Anonymous: Yesterday Wy told me, 'Yesterday, mama, I played with my peter. Like this, with my diaper.' Oh Lord! Daddy's gonna have to help me handle this aspect of boys. LOL!!
    Thanks for the compliment on my blog. Don't know how you came across it but I'm glad you did. As you can tell, I post in it partially because it gets all my thoughts and random off-the-wall musings out so I don't bombard my hubby with them when he gets home. (Plus, I've never met some of y'all that read this ((the other ones are family and friends and they already know how I am)) so if y'all think I'm crazy it doesn't bother me so much cuz I've never met you face-to-face. The other part is, even though I'm a homebody now after all my travelling in my younger years, I'm also an extrovert and love adventure and discovery, especially now with our boys!

    ReplyDelete