Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Rain Bahs

Ugh! I'm thankful for the rain but I'm so tired of it! I want the sun to come out! The boys are goin stir crazy not bein able to be outside! Playin in the garage just doesn't hold a candle to bein out-of-doors!

Talkin bout bein outdoors. Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening I got bites on my legs and one on my hand from somethin. Somethin that I can't see and can't feel. The boys and E never got any bites so whatever it is, it seems to have a personal vendetta against me, and only me. Maybe that's because I'm the one that sprays the yard and deck for little organisms that bite, just like them! Last night, E and I had a date night (we can't even remember the last time we had one!) so I wasn't out on the deck to get any more bites. Hopefully all the rain will go away soon because I plan on sprayin the deck off with apple cider vinegar. ACV is a miraculous wonder-all, fix-all ingredient that stays in my pantry in huge volumes. I used it to help dry up the molluscum contagiosum (red bumps that many kids get-a virus that just takes it course and then leaves) that Wy has had for more than a year. It's finally on it's way out! And just in time for summer. I give ACV to the dogs about once a week to ward off fleas and ticks and keep them from gettin bladder infections and/or UTI's. Buster is the one that gets them about every 3 months. Humans can take ACV too for a variety of ailments. I used it to help dry up these mysterious bites. Just like vinegar and peroxide ACV is a must in my house.

Last Saturday I had the awe-inspiring thought to mop the wood floor and tile. I have no idea why because we've had nothin but rain before and since Saturday. With 2 dogs and 2 kids, and a hubby that works construction and me, who can't stay inside for more than 2 hours, it was a futile attempt to clean. Oh well. At least it was clean for 40 minutes!

With this rain I feel the urge to make up some pretzels. I think we might have pancakes for lunch. Yesterday I used 15 lb test line to re-string my wind chimes. I figured, here in Kansas, 15 lb test line should be sufficient to keep the thing together in our wind.

Tonight E has a steak feed to support a local boys baseball team so I'm plannin on takin some time for me tonight after I get the boys fed, bathed and in bed for the night. I'm really lookin forward to it! I had a friend ask if I wanted to do somethin tonight, since her fiance (our very good friend) will be at the steak feed too. I apologized but explained that after I take care of the boys and all that I'm takin time for myself. My! How things change after the babies come! Ha! It wasn't but 3 years ago that I would have had all the girls over or we'd have all gone out and had a drink ourselves without our guys. Most of us are startin a little later than usual with the family thing. It's been nice to have the rest of them catch up to us in the nap/supper/bed schedule routine. Now we schedule all our get-togethers and cookouts and horseshoe parties around our kids' schedules. It's been a fun change for each and every one of us. This summer we'll have even more kids runnin around with all our dogs at the lake!
Where oh where are the warm and sunny days?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I can't wait to go fishin on the river...
Photobucket
...and the lake.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I know it's comin and like I said, I'm thankful for the rain, 'cept that my garden has been drowned and I have carrots poppin up in places that I did NOT plant them in! I have to start a bunch of new flower seeds too because the torrentially strong rain washed out the seeds! I'll be amazed if any of the seeds have took hold. Usually, I have problems with too many plants and not enough space but I have a feelin this year is goin to be different. I also think it's goin to be a really hot summer too, but what do I know? I'm just tryin to keep my seeds in their respective areas and enjoy the beauty of life when and wherever they come up. I'll be happy with whatever! At least if they have been washed away I won't have so much time-consuming watering to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment