Friday, April 3, 2009

Yesterday's Follow-up

Date: Apr 2, 2008

Follow up on 'Morning in the life of a SAHM'


I ended up ’taking the rest of the day off’. Well, that is if you can really call it that. There are only 2, or was it three (?) loads of washed and dried laundry on the couch, I didn’t iron the shirt, and the top floor still needs vacuumed. Oh, well. I know these can wait. At least the underwear was available on the couch! And I did get a nice supper done and I wasn’t grouchy when E came home! We enjoyed just sitting on the couch watching Wyatt run inside and out, showing E how he knows what a cow is and how to say it, and he also knows and says the word ’Potty’. I won’t go into detail on how that one came to be though. I’ll at least spare ya that much! Ha! Learning to balance all that needs to be accomplished can be tough if you are more of a perfectionist or have OCD tendancies. I’m not laying claim to either but I do lean certain ways in certain things. Enough said. And you know what the best part of the whole day was? Being able to sit down and relax when E came home and enjoy being a family. We talked about our days, talked about stress and how each of our jobs offers lots of stress. I don’t know/see what goes on at his job and he doesn’t always know/see what goes on at the house. We ourselves are privy to that, and we can’t blame the other for not knowing/understanding what went on. As with any relationship there has to be a ’forgiveness’ of what is not known. In order for there to still be open, joyful and relaxed communication you can’t buy into the thoughts like ’well, he has NO idea what I’ve put up with today’ or ’doesn’t he know that just creates more work for me?’ or ’she has no respect for the responsiblities that I have away from home just to keep food on the table and the bills paid.’ These thoughts lead to dangerous and rocky times for a relationship. Honesty is truly the best policy. Opening up, sharing the thoughts to talk about why you felt this way, and get an idea of what was really going helps to dissipitate the ideas of carelessness or disrespect from the other one. When done in the right frame of mind and manner we feel more ’in tune’ with each other and on the same page. Neither of us feels unimportant or useless. We feel respected and cherished. Knowing that it’s so much easier to wipe away what used to get under the skin.
Whatever you call it-Karma’s a bitch! Yesterday as I was cleaning the downstairs sink and counter top there was whiskers all over. My first reaction was sighing and I thought, ’Good God! Every time I have to clean these things up!!’ I did NOT stew about it. I was NOT mad. In fact, I can honestly say I never even thought of it the rest of the day until I was relaxing in the bath. I thought of teasing E about the whiskers b/c he has said on occasion that he cleans them up. And I saw, right there, on the edge of the tub, none other than, yeah, you guessed it.....a bunch of MY strands of hair!!! How’s that for getting bit in the butt!! At least I didn’t get mad about the whiskers and at least I cleaned both of them up!! Heheheehehee....oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment