Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bucket Butt

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Buckett Butt

Children learn things in their own way. Adults do too. Sometimes we don't learn them the first time around though. Wyatt jumped in this stock pot and whined and yelled at me to get him out. I was laughing too hard to get him and besides, I had to get a picture, which meant finding my phone wherever it was that he had left it last!! So, being in the pot for any amount of time was pissing him off and then I had things to do before releasing him from the hell hole! I finally got him out and he must have remembered the part where I was laughing because he was back in the pot in no time watching my face for a reaction!! This time he wasn't sure whether to giggle or cry. When I started laughing he did too!

Life can be like this. It may take multiple times to learn some things. This may be due to our own decisions. I know it's happened to me. I've been 'stuck'. Sometimes we 'get stuck' but we can help ourselves get out faster and easier if we stop and identify what got us there in the first place. If we don't learn to laugh it makes the rough tougher. Sure, there are times when it's no laughing matter, but learning to accept makes it easier to identify the problem and resolve to not let it happen again. Many times it's our own fault. It's hard to take a close look at our inner self and identify our faults. It's less painful to call the kettle black. But if we want to get 'out of the pot' we've got to face our own worst enemy. Our own self. Our thoughts and feelings can trap us into believing things that aren't true about ourself or of other people. Once we are free from whatever it is that gets us stuck, then we are ready to get out of that stagnant state of being and mind. When we can let things go we will be happy with our self and where we are going. We will move freely. We can't succomb to deception. It bogs us down. 'Throw off the things that so easily entangle us and let us run the race laid out before us'.

Every time I look at this picure I've laughed uncontrollably. But I wasn't the one stuck. I didn't have anything hindering my progress. So it's no wonder he was so frustrated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment