Friday, April 3, 2009

Food For Thought

Sep 8, 2008

Ever wonder how your kids are going to be? I'm not talking personalities here, more like the idiosyncracies they may develop. I know on some things I border on OCD but on other things it just doesn't bother me. I like my kitchen spotless unless I'm in the middle of cooking or baking. The bedrooms, living room and bathrooms could be a mess with things lying out and it doesn't get to me like when my kitchen is full odds and ends. Example:
Photobucket
That's my living room now. There's clothes, cups, a dead flashlight that Wyatt has been using as a pitcher to make us something to drink, a rag that is for the garage, diapers still in their cases that haven't made it upstairs for 3 days, a swing and a jumper. The downstairs living room doesn't look much better either. But it doesn't bother me. I was sitting outside just a bit ago and saw this:
Photobucket
Wyatt's chalk. He lined them up systematically. Now this kinda worries me. But thankfully the rest of the yard looks like this:
Photobucket
He's not full-fledge OCD, that's apparent. I'll have to keep tabs on what else goes on in the next couple years!
Last night we bbq'd and here's what it looked like:
Photobucket
Beef fajitas and andouille sausage.
I made some weird sandwiches the other day just cuz they sounded good.
Photobucket
I diced up onion real fine and mashed it into cream cheese with some herbs that I felt would go good with it. Then sliced garden tomatoes and cucumbers. I piled it all in my homemade pita pockets and it was messy but it was good!
Photobucket
Wyatt is gettin real good at balancing. This is how we made it through the last hour and a half at the zoo last week:
Photobucket
It helps to play horse. Gets his legs in shape. JD's crying so that's all for this random post.

No comments:

Post a Comment