Friday, April 3, 2009

I.H.O.P.S.

Sep 12, 2008

I've been waiting for this day to come. Wyatt has already got his hands in the peanut butter a couple weeks ago. It's under the counter in the cabinet. Along with the creamer, canned goods, oatmeal, syrup, and shortening. None of these things are small. I buy it all in bulk. E found Wyatt all smeared up with the peanut butter. Hands, face, clothes, nothing was exempt. I thought he'd hit the shampoo and soap bottles first. But I was wrong. Lately, he's taken to emptying out this cabinet and playing with all the goods in the window. He opened up the oatmeal last week on the couch. No, I didn't move any of it out of that cabinet. Which is why today we became the International House of Pancake Syrup!!!!! Thank God for wood floors and a husband who put them in!! He had grabbed the syrup bottle and was playing with it. I, regrettably, didn't think anything of it. I had my hands in flour making tortillas and the skillets cooking them. Pretty soon I heard, 'Mama! Mama! Mom, no!" He came into the kitchen with his hands outstretched and literally dripping with syrup. It was all over his shirt, shorts and feet!! I walked into the living room and between the coffee table and couch is a HUGE pool of almost the entire bottle of syrup on the floor and Buster lapping it up as fast as he could. (I had to peel him off the ceiling later!) The couch did a great job of keeping the syrup from running anywhere else!!
Photobucket
I turned off the fire cooking the tortillas for the second time that day (between the boys you learn that nothing is ever a start-to-finish project with no stopping. Things have to be played with and kids need to eat and that's alright. I haven't burned anything yet and everything has turned out tasting good). I used two old bath towels to clean up along with paper towels, cleaner and a good scrub brush for the bottom of the couch. It actually cleaned up fast. I've since found drips of syrup on the couch, stairs, Labrador rug, pine cabinet, and when I'm outside the flies and one bee won't leave me alone!!!! In Wyatt's defense it really wasn't his fault. He did not open it. The top came unscrewed, which I've noticed they do very easily. But he did pour it all out. I really really really like my wood floors. The couch has been propped up since this unfortunate event in order to dry the base out. All's well now and the house smells great!

No comments:

Post a Comment