Friday, April 3, 2009

Hangin In There

Date: Jul 12, 2008

Okay, it's going a little better. I have decided that it probably wouldn't go well if I start a fight concerning the comments and insinuations she makes regarding my husband. I hate it. Next year she is NOT coming out 6 weeks. It will be 3 at the most. It's too much to deal with. I know her and I know my husband and it's hard to be in between like the buffer. Eric doesn't make me feel that way at all. I just want to be the buffer. She says things that need not be heard by anyone. It just doesn't work. I feel bad for her ONLY because I can't imagine how hard it would be not to see your grandbabies. 6 weeks is just too long. She comes out more than one time a year so it's not like she only sees them just the one time for 6 weeks.
Yes, it's going a little better. She's not stiff anymore. She's actually talking to me and not at me. She doesn't make comments loud enough to Wyatt or the dogs hoping I will hear. She was actually very relaxed last night when Eric got home. She didn't go and hide but she didn't show her ass at anytime. She sounded genuine and fun. I love it when she's like that! So is all this because we make her nervous? Is it still because I moved away from her? Does she still need the apron strings? Is she insecure with her beliefs or thoughts? I know she wants to accept me and my husband and our life but what is it that keeps her from it? Maybe it's because she married someone like my dad and she doesn't believe that men can be and are very different than my dad. She has blinnders on, that's for sure. She sees the glass half full where men are concerned. The funny thing about all this is: She's either going to get over it or it's going to be a VERY VERY LONG rest of her life watching me and my family grow, have fun and drink LOTS and LOTS of beer! She'll be so confused the rest of her life and we'll be laughing and enjoying ours!
Here's some pictures of yesterday 'in da pool, in da wa-yee' with Wyatt:
He kept wanting me to hold his face when he heard a plane. He would yell "plane, plane" and come to me and grab my hand and put it on his face and say "face, hand".
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jarrett hung out on the deck mosquito and worry free
Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Forgive me son. You'll hate me later, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment