Friday, April 3, 2009

Simple Tasks-Restarted

Date: May 9, 2008

Well, I finally got the digital photo keychain thing mailed off to my mom yesterday. Three days before Mother's Day! Hey, it's better than nothing! I'm so organized, I know. I'll pat myself on the back for that one. But...you'll never guess what all went on to get it to her! We (Abigail, Wyatt and me) went to Walgreens first. That's where I bought the thing about a month ago. When I bought it they said they had the a/c wall adaptor thing to charge it but to take it home and see if any of our old cell phone chargers, or the like, would work instead of buying. Well, nothing worked. So, at Walgreens I looked and looked for that charger. My mistake was not putting wy in the cart. He was all about touching things and not holding my hand and thinking it was a game that I had to go get him everywhere! We are teaching him that independance and willfullness are two different things. I finally got a cart. Then I finally got to ask someone where the chargers were. In the state of pregnancy, the brain does not fire on all cylinders. They didn't have any, so she said. I did find what looked to be something that might work but didn't want to buy it and then return it. So i decided we'd go up the road to Radio Shack. Out the door and into the truck we go. Radio Shack didn't have anything either! I couldn't believe it! EXCEPT an extension to convert a USB cable into an a/c wall adaptor charger for $20!! Nah, don't think so. I packed up the kids and went to Kmart just across the parking lot. No luck. I decided that I didn't want to go all the way down to the 'Walmarts' without going back by Walgreens to check out that other thing and the price. In went the kids to the truck again! That thing was $12.99 so I decided to buy it and see if it worked. Sure enough, it was EXACTLY what i needed in the first place! It was just labeled a different name-'Just Wireless A/C Portable Charger'. Huh. At least I didn't have to return it. I opened up the package in the back of the Jeep with my knife from my tackle box and it all fit! Thinking I was done with all this loading/unloading, looking/not finding, I realized that I didn't have mom's address wrote on the manilla package. I thought I remembered what it was but we went home (just around the corner and the next corner, and the next corner because of that lovely construction) Turns out I did remember the number to her place so THEN we finally got to Dillons to mail it!! I bought 10 medium sized bottles of gatorade because me and the kids really needed one at the time and because I still have that funny/nasty taste in my mouth. And no, it's not from last night!
I did splurge and buy 3 pairs of flip flops for $1.99 each. Brown with pink side stripe, turquoise (which doesn't show well in the pic), and the black and white hibiscus
.

$1.99 each

No comments:

Post a Comment