Friday, April 3, 2009

My Favorite Smells

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hmmmmm....my favorite smells in the world have no ranking order because I love them all the same. Call me crazy and disillusional but if you've never smelled some of these then you don't understand how wonderful they are. In no consequential order they are:

1. hay-sweet luscious hay

2. saw dust-this will one day be incorporated into a cologne I have yet to create. I swear it's an aphrodesiac.

3. manure-yes, I said manure. I'm talkin bout horse and cow manure. That's it. It tends to have a calming affect on those that understand the chemical makeup.

4.fresh cut grass-need I say more? Who doesn't like that smell? You've got to have one hard soul to not like this!

5.spring mud with a warm rain-so earthy and wholesome

6.baby milk breath-No one knows the sweetness of this unless they have a little bundle of life tucked into their arms knowing that their beginning and existence solely depends on something that is unexplainable, unmatched and miraculous

7. babies heads-again no one can fathom the sweetness of a tiny baby's head unless they understand the miraculousness of new life.

8. spouse's natural musk-there is no cologne that even comes close in this rival. There is no rival. No contest. No cigar.

9. exhaust from a blender mixing cookie dough-you can't live life without this one!

10. horse flesh-aaaaahhhhh....if you understand you understand and I'm deeply and regrettably pity those who don't know the smell

11. puppy breath-just like the babies breath

12. leather-and I ain't talkin leather from a $600 coat. That doesn't compete with the true leather. I'm talkin used and bruised leather that you'd find in a tack room or the backseat of a truck.

13. woodsmoke-homey, simple, old-fashioned woodsmoke. Somehow it reminds me that workin hard, lovin and laughin with family and friends and knowin that life has a higher purpose is all you need in this world.

Many of these I grew up with so they bring back a poignant and nostalgic feeling but thankfully they all still play a vital role in my life now. Some of these I didn't learn to love until after the birth of our firstborn son. I realize some people may look at me differently after readin this but hey, it's me and now you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment