Friday, April 3, 2009

Fat Wednesday and the End of Construction Jobs

Date: Apr 4, 2008

Hhhhhhmmmmmmm......there's a couple things I need today. But first, did anyone know that Wednesday was the day of the year known as Fat Wednesday? I didn't. Do you want to know why? I did. This is from Paul Harvey so this is serious! That day is called 'Fat Wednesday' because it's said to be the halfway point between when people make New Year's resolutions and want to be in shape for the summer's bikinni, and I supsect for some, but thank the good Lord not all, the speedo season. Not that I mind what it covers but that's for my bedroom and my eyes only and I don't want to see the formation of the object of other women's healthy libido. That's for their bedroom! If you guys like women checkin out your package that's because it isn't easily sized up through clothes as well as boobs can be sized up even under a huge frumpy shirt! And if it was easily recognizable than I'll bet you'd get mighty tired of females always lookin at your intersection instead of your eyes when they talk to you. 'Damn, doesn't she even see me?', 'do I need to wear an apron or nail bag that says, 'yeah, there's two balls but they aren't my eyeballs!! Look north you Kreebler!!' (Kreebler: a.k.a. -ask Eric and Tegan about that one)
On second thought....nah, no way. I really don't think there's a chance in Hell those thoughts would even remotely come into a male's mind unless.......hmmmm....you find yourself on the other side....or of course the hormones were switched from male to female. That's probably the only two reasons in the universe. Yup. It's time for my hubby to come home...NOW!!
Okay, on to what I really was going to share today!!
I need some pick-me-ups today. I've got a frickin' sore throat and swollen glands which means yet another sinus infection on the way to debilitate me. I wish I could get everything done in the day WITHOUT leaving the couch or my bed!! My body is extra exhausted because of this. I have to keep resting my arms because they are getting very tired and achy as I type.
This mentally refreshes me:
Photobucket
Flowers somehow always give me a spring in my step. When I'm outside I breath in fresh clean air. It's like it helps clear out the cobwebs and gives me the ability to think clearly.
These guys physically relax me:
Pups
Whenever there's been a particularly trying time with crying or tantrums or stubborness during the day I can always count on them to help bring my heart rate and blood pressure back down to normal. That happens to be a medically proven fact too. So don't call me crazy! Maybe that's why you see the Paris Hilton's and Nicole Ritchie's of the world always toting a little yappy scruffy dog. Some one really needs to share this secret with Britney Spears! At any rate, there is a link to lower blood pressure when a person has a companionship with a dog.
This one helps me stop and live the joy and wonder of each day:
Photobucket
It's evident on his face that he's enjoying every minute of life. Well, when he's not crying or whining that is. Having him with me has taught me to slow down and enjoy life.
And this one....well....
Mine
He does it all...mentally, physically, socially, and.....uh-hmmm....you know. Today I've had to fight the smell of his after-shave and deodorant! When he kissed me good-bye this morning the after-shave aroma went right up my nose and found my sensory glands...you know, not the regular ones that have to do with sight, smell, and touch...the other ones. One word came to mind: Virility. Sweet seduction. Aaaaahhhhhhhh. Then I told him to hurry and get to work! Or else he wouldn't make it! And then, Wyatt, the little booger, got out Eric's deodorant late this morning and starting dabbing it on his clothes and then mine! I couldn't take that! The stick is on the fridge out of the way of my 'other' sensory glands.
With the end of Eric's construction project comes a time when there is so much mental stress on him that it is challenging for us as a couple to stay up-to-date and connected like we desire to be. He is mentally exhausted when he gets home and more often than not, physically exhausted too, and rightly so. In his job, he has so many responsiblities, codes, time lines, client demands, need for shortcuts in time, money, manpower, detail, etc. That's just the tip of the iceburg. If we weren't a couple that wanted closeness and recognized the need for it this 'end of the job' time wouldn't amount to nothin'. It would most likely be normal for us. But it's not. Now, being parents, it sheds a whole new light on 'walking zombies'. There are times, and many of them, that I'm so tired I can't even spit out the simplest of sentences. Times when I don't think I'm able to stand at the sink and rinse off the dishes or bend to put them in the dishwasher. When Eric comes home I want it to be a place that he can relax and let the demands and worries of his job just roll off his shoulders. On the other hand, with me being home all day with one-sided comments (I have yet to have a one-sided conversation) to Wyatt I want someone to talk to me. It's hard for E sometimes. Sometimes he's just so worn out he can't rightly form sentences either. And sometimes, I admit, I find myself jealous over the fact that everyone else gets to see him on top of his game, handling crises, discussing solutions, making jokes with the guys he's working with or the people they have to work around, and sometimes it gets to me. What I wouldn't give to help lighten his load. But he's very good at what he does and I'm very proud that he has the desire and want to make a living for his family. I'm very blessed in that respect. He's one of the best in his line of work and I'm not just saying that because I'm his wife. It's been said by many men who know.
Even though the end of his projects are hard, the times we do find to enjoy communication and share moments of closeness are very special. I am blessed to have a man who cherishes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment