Friday, April 3, 2009

Vignettes and Lack Of Sleep

Date: Jul 28, 2008

You really get used to the lack of sleep. I feel like I handle the day pretty good even without an 8 hour uninterrupted sleep. I could lay down for a nap b/c JD is still sleeping most of the day but I tried taking naps when he was 2 weeks old and I found myself up real late those nights not being able to sleep. The weird thing is, if it's a nap on sat. or sun. then I go to sleep alright anyway. Maybe all this lack of sleep has propelled me into this new post. I don't know. But I do know I love my house and I love all the things we've done to make it our home. I know, it sounds weird about a stupid old sink faucet but my kitchen is where all my pet peeves begin and end. Well, maybe I have others. I like to think I don't. I was proud of myself that I left an empty t.p. roll on the bathroom countertop-just because I wasn't the one that finished it off and I can handle things not being in their place. That's right. I can bend. I can push the envelope. A little. Okay, back to the topic. I love a spotless and clean kitchen. Usually spotless comes with clean right? HA! You think so but not in my house! Keep readin'.
I'm in love with something new in my house. My new sink faucet!! I love things that are s'posed to be shiny and new to look shiny and new.
Vignette 1 and 2
Photobucket
Photobucket
And I also love things that are s'posed to look old and worn to look old and worn. That's why I decorate with things of both kinds. Cuz I'm that kinda girl, ya know. You gotta mix it up.
Vignette 3
Photobucket

Vignette 4
Photobucket
Man, talk about perfectly centered. I don't think I could've done worse! Did you notice the water from the dogs that dripped behind the pulley? That's acutally just the tail end of it. Tail end! Dogs! HA! Get it? ( I know, it's the lack of sleep. Excuse me. But at least I'm not all pissy and have no patience.)
Okay, I had to stop and nurse JD and help him move poop through his pipes, then obviously change his diaper.
Anyway, I love what I have and who I have and the hard work and long hours my man has put in in order to provide for us. (I don't love the fact that he HAS to work that hard and for so long, just the fact that he does) And for his patience. He put a second coat of paint on the house in the 101 degree heat yesterday. As he was trying to nap between Wyatt eating and yelling down to him about every 2 seconds, "Dadda?....Dadda?....Dadda!....Dadda!" and JD fussing because of the gas issue I had to come downstairs and wake him up with this phrase: "Babe...babe...the 'fridgerator door just fell off the hinges." He got up and fixed it. Nothin' doin'. Had it fixed in 15 mintues, and meanwhile Wyatt yelling things like "dadda", "uh oh" and "oots" (translated: oops).


Now for a vignette that jolts me back into the real world besides the crib that's gotta be bustin a hole in the wall because Wyatt is up and wants out:

Vignette 5
Photobucket
Just keepin' it real y'all! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment