Friday, April 3, 2009

No Childhood Is Complete Until.....

Date: Apr 15, 2008

No childhood is complete until there is a 'licking of the beaters' ceremony. If by some unfortunate parenting oversight you never experienced licking the beaters, please, do yourself a favor and call me. We will set up a ceremony so you can finally be released into adulthood and free from a scared childhood. For our son, Wyatt, it happened last week. I know, he's only 17 mos. but up until Easter he had only tasted food with sugar in it maybe five times. I made a yellow cake from scratch mainly because I wanted to have the cocoa butter frosting on top. Hey, at least I admit it! But I'm happy to report that I'm not the only one that's enjoyed the cake. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who didn't need too either! Betty Crocker has so many hidden secrets there's just no way to know all of them in a lifetime. This frosting is one of them and I was actually living in Papua New Guinea at the time it was discovered. Did you know she (as in BC) was trans-cultural? Oh, yeah, a little cocoa butter on the spiders does wonders for the palate! And the stomach. The beaters...you gotta check out my baby's face when I started to take the beater away in the last photo. It was like he was shocked and incredulous that I would even consider taking them away. It was after they were in the sink that the heartbroken tears came streaming down his face. You'd think we never feed the kid!!
Photobucket
It didn't take him but one lick to become a pro.
Photobucket
'I wonder what else mommy has kept secret.......?'
Photobucket
'But mommy....please....I....I...am....so...hungry....Just a little more....one last....lick....I'll be good mommy....please....p-l-e-a-s-e!!!!!!
Isn't that pathetic? I gave him another lick because I wanted to see this look again....I know....that's pathetic too.

No comments:

Post a Comment