Friday, April 3, 2009

Spare Time

Date: Aug 15, 2008

So in my spare time, of which I have so much I don't know what to do with and I'm going crazy from the boredom of taking care of our own to boys, two other boys, the laundry, the dogs, the pool, the floors, the toys and numerous other things, I take pictures of Humming Birds in my front yard. I sit out there when I've hours to do nothing in the afternoon and watch. Yesterday I saw a Humming bird drink nectar from one of my impatiens. (Yes, the same kind of flower that gets mashed by alcohol- laden feet) Then he flew over to the sparkly things on my 4th of July wreath (yes, I know it's August) which was not 4 ft in front of me! That got me thinkin. I could stir up some nectar and clean out my feeder and have a ton of these birds to watch! Wyatt would LOVE it! So that's what I did. I made some nectar, added red food coloring to be more attractive to the little hummers and WA-LAH! I was sitting out there an hour or so later and two different birds came to drink. And if you're wondering how I know it was two different ones, size does matter. I've actually had 3 come to feed. Two adults and one very small bird. Today I walked out the door and the small one was drinking. I grabbed my phone and turned on the camera, sitting under the feeder to get a picture. It only took 15 minutes before this little one came back
Photobucket
While I was waiting a worm slid across my toe and scared the crap outta me! It was only a worm but it wasn't in the right place or at the right time. The picture sucks but I don't have time or the concentration to fix it. There's a kid in the room whining but his mom would NOT be happy with me if I got him out of bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment