Friday, April 3, 2009

Mom Syndrome

Date: Jul 10, 2008

I know people say all the time that they don't want to be like their mom. I want to be like my mom in some aspects but, hell if I end up like her in all ways! I've asked a few people, who shall remain unnamed and enrolled in the witness protection program, to put an end to me if I fall in the same footsteps as my mom, in some areas. I'm a different person, different interests, according to her 'very different'. But I'm glad she sees that. She needs to see it MORE!! I don't always want to talk. I don't get lonely being here in the house, let alone on a different floor of the house without her. I don't parent my children they way she did hers. She needs to realize that I didn't marry someone like my dad! She needs to lay off making comments and insinuations about our life and my husband. We are 3 weeks into it and 3 weeks left of her stay here. Today I took off with the boys to exchange clothes for Jarrett at Target (the farthest one from the house on 21st and Maize) and then it happened to be time to feed Jarrett so we stopped in to see Grandpa who is recovering from back surgery. After that we stopped at a garage sale and I bought a deck table and four chairs for $25. They will match my faded umbrella I bought for $5 at a garage sale last year.
Photobucket
Perfect. Faded deck furniture is cool. Anyhoo, all in all we were out of the house for almost 3 awesome, quiet (well, not really but it was one less specific voice) hours. Wyatt was really tired and almost ruined a 2-3 hr regular nap with a 15 min. nap in the truck on the way home. It took him an hour almost on the dot to stop whining and crying in his room and finally fall asleep. During that time I was in and out of the house and she kept telling me every time I came in that Wyatt was still crying. YES! I KNOW! I HEAR! But he's fine. He'll go to sleep. The fact that you are telling me this is not going to make him stop and it will not make me go get him. Yah, we are different. So, we had a little chat two days in a row basically about the fact that it's not easy for me to have someone in my house for 24 hrs/7 days a week. I need time alone. I need time without questions. I'm not a social butterfly all the time. I like beer and so do all my friends, including my husband, and IT"S NOT WRONG TO ME OR US OR THEM! She has totally quit helping me with the boys and around the house b/c she feels that I meant she needed to ask in order to do anything. She took it purposely out of context. We've had this discussion every damn summer she comes out and every damn time she takes it personally and refuses to realize that I am different than her. She hates it that I am different and I love it! It got me my husband and now my sons. I'm tired of her attitude. She know hardly talks at all now that we've had 'the talk' and when she does it real stiff and cold. Isn't that ridiculous? If I were to do that she would call me immature and that I have an 'un-teachable spirit'. Which is what I had according to her the last time she was here. She acts like I think she's imposing on everything. She even has gone so far to say that she owes me 9 eggs. Who gives a shit about 9 eggs. If she would just act normal and fun and not overkill things she can use as many friggin eggs as she wants! And here's something else. She'll ask a question about what I usually do, or what usually happens when...and if I respond with what we usually do, or what usually happens then fate will twist it and call me a liar. Scenario: After we moved the table and chairs to the deck she was going to go and close the gate. I said 'ah, don't worry about it. I'll get it from the front so's not to go thru the mud again.' She asked if the dogs would go out to the front since it's open. I should have said, 'yeah, it's possible.' But NO, I said, instead, 'nah, they usually stay back here with me if I'm still out here. If go in Prix usually sneaks up and sits on the front step and Buster stays back here and whines at the door." That was the wrong thing to say when my mom is here. Twisted fate and I'll be hog-tied, tarred and feathered if BOTH the shitheads went out the gate to the front. So, when I saw them and brought them in through the front door, they knew they were in trouble and they ran downstairs to 'grandma'. Just my luck. I hear her saying loudly (which she always does so I can hear her try to make a point) "Buster and Prix! You snuck out the gate and mommy said you wouldn't! You little stinkers. She didn't think you would!" Open mouth, insert foot. Every-lovin' time I open my mouth to answer in what is true, something happens and makes me out to be the biggest liar. Not only do I have an 'un-teachable spirit' I also am a chronic liar. Great. And 'why does everyone think they have to drink beer? Why can't they drink soda like all the rest of us fake-ass, church-door-darkening, holier-than-thou, I-never-judge, It's-all-your-problem-never-mine, perfect saints? HUH? HUH??
Can you tell I'm not handling this that well?

No comments:

Post a Comment